Are you trying to decide between using a Sound bar or a Home Theater System for your home? Here is an overview of the difference in set up and sound quality.
Soundbars have been a popular choice because of their sleek design, easy installation process, wireless set up, and their ability to produce a form of surround sound. For some people this is a great replacement from the bulky surround sound system with front, rear, and center speakers. But for others, they can notice the difference. It all comes down to what kind of in-room experience you are looking for?
Let’s break down the pros and cons of each set up so you can decide what’s best for your situation.
- Easy installation and connectivity
- Minimal wires
- Single speaker system
- Modern design
- Great for small-medium living spaces
- Excellent virtual sound, which highly simulates surround sound
- May need to buy separate subwoofer (although many systems include a subwoffer)
- The placement of the soundbar creates specific “sweet spots” in your listening experience
- Does not produce complete surround sound, especially in larger living environments
Surround Sound System Overview
- Full range surround sound
- Able to place speakers in multiple stations for optimal acoustics
- Maximum bass
- Audiophile theater system presentation
- Most quality systems require running wires from the receiver to each individual speaker
- Takes up more space
- More involved installation process
- More expensive
Hopefully this helps you choose the right speaker system. Remember, much of it comes down to personal preference, but be sure to do your homework when it comes to reviewing the specs and associated performance standards of each sound system. We’re sure that either choice will amplify your current set up and make Dolphin AV proud.
Dolphin AV Installs Surround Sound Systems in Hilton Head, SC and Bluffton, SC.
Dolphin AV Mounts/Installs Soundbars in Hilton Head, SC and Bluffton, SC.